Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Okay...well, this is new for me. Blogging, I mean. So here goes my new adventure! "My Life Class" is my process of transforming my life based on a book by Louise Hay called, "You Can Heal Your Life." I struggled with the title, because it is not my intention to make this a "life class" for anyone other than myself. I will be taking the "life class" while reading "You Can Heal Your Life" and simply sharing how it goes, as it goes.

I thought about calling this blog, "Healing My Life: The Experiment" but I have no doubt that Louise Hay's method works. Her method is very simple; very basic. It's learning to love yourself by changing the way you speak to yourself, and changing negative thought patterns into loving, positive ones. Affirmations are a major part of this work, as is simply telling yourself that you love yourself, and that you are wonderful.

Before I begin the work, Louise instructs the reader, (that would be, ahem, me) to read the book through first, then go back to the beginning to re-read and do the work. Sounds pretty simple. Hmmmm....

In the meantime, I have begun to use some of the affirmations every day. I try to remember to "thank" my bed every morning for giving me a good night's sleep, and for being soft and warm and comfortable. I also tell myself that "today is going to be a wonderful day." I know, I know...it sounds crazy, but I'm just getting started. When I go into the bathroom, I look in the mirror and say to myself, "I love you Patti. I really, really love you." On my way to work, I take about five of her Power Thought Cards that I bought a few years ago, and simply read them out loud to myself. I'm quite sure I get some pretty, ummm...concerned looks from other drivers, but it's okay. I'm healing my life folks. I'm healing my life. Tonight when I take my shower, I'll say to myself, "I'm showering myself with love!"

1 comment: